sudo for www user to run root shell script via browser

marek krolk at excite.com
Sat Jul 23 13:22:13 GMT 2005

hi

I have freebsd 5.4 and need sudo for www (apache) user
to run a startup root script ntop.sh from cgi-bin directory via browser using a per script:

I did:

cp /usr/local/etc/rc.d /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/ntop
cd /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/ntop
chmod 755 ntop.sh
chown www ntop.sh

I've created in in /usr/local/etc/sudoers following entry:

www ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

but it doesn't work.

if I try from command line as root user:

# sudo -u www sh /usr/local/www/cgi-bin/ntop/ntop.sh start
ntopbsd#

ntop won't start.

what's wrong and how can I execute this script via browser ?

greetings
marek