Mysql40-server installation problem

Jacob S stormspotter at 6Texans.net
Fri Jul 22 20:35:42 GMT 2005

Hello list,

I'm having some trouble getting mysql installed on a FreeBSD 5.4 server.
When I cd to /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server and run "make install",
I get the following error:

checking for gcc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... Abort trap (core
dumped) configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to ale at FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server/work/mysql-4.0.25/config.log"
including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might
be a good idea to provide an overview of all packages installed on your
system (e.g. an `ls /var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

You can see the full config.log at
http://www.6texans.net/codesamples/config.log and the list of packages
installed on the server is available at
http://www.6texans.net/codesamples/pkg_log.txt .

I've googled the problem but can't seem to find it. Make buildworld and
make buildkernel have worked, so I don't know why the make install
shouldn't for mysql40-server. Does anyone have any hints?

Thanks,
Jacob