old pc

Erik Trulsson ertr1013 at student.uu.se
Fri Jul 22 10:28:40 GMT 2005

On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:19:50PM +0300, thanps at freemail.gr wrote:

> I have a Pentium-S with 133Mhz , 8MB RAM and 1,7 GB Hard Disk
> Can i install freebsd 5.4 on such a machine or i need an older freebsd????

You need more memory to install FreeBSD 5.4. I think 32MB RAM is the minimum
needed to install.

I think the newest version of FreeBSD that could be installed in only 8MB
RAM was 3.3.  You can run 4.x (and probably 5.x) with 8MB RAM but not install
it, but it will be slow.

I strongly recommend getting more memory.

The CPU and harddisk should be adequate though.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson
ertr1013 at student.uu.se