ps -awux

Akhthar Parvez. K akhthar at carmatec.com
Fri Jul 22 06:51:46 GMT 2005

Hi,

Thanks Glenn. I have made the changes. FreeBSD mailing list rocks!

Sorry to ask, but it would be great if anyone can tell me what would the
solution for the same problem in a redhat LINUX machine. I hope all of you
would take it in such a spirit that providing support for another opensource
OS which's also a flavor of UNIX.

On Friday 22 July 2005 11:14, Glenn Dawson wrote:
> At 10:39 PM 7/21/2005, Akhthar Parvez. K wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >Thanks to Frank. I have changed the value of kern.ps_showallprocs to 1 and
> >its
> >listing all processes now. I used the following command
> >
> >sysctl kern.ps_showallprocs=1
> >
> >Will the value change back to zero once the server is rebooted. If yes, is
> >there any way to make the changes permanently. I added the following line
> >into /boot/loader.conf, but that didn't help.
> >kern.ps_showallprocs="1"
> >
> >Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Add kern.ps_showallprocs=1 to /etc/sysctl.conf
>
> -Glenn

> > > Under FreeBSD 4.x the sysctl is:
> > >
> > > kern.ps_showallprocs
> > >
> > > 0: only show processes of the user itself
> > > 1: Show all processes

> >--
> >With Regards,
> >
> >Akhthar Parvez.K