What to do when panic?

Kövesdán Gábor gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu
Thu Jul 21 22:29:21 GMT 2005

Scot Hetzel wrote:

>On 7/21/05, Kövesdán Gábor <gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu> wrote:
>

>> FreeBSD 6. I installed it, and then I had a panic. I got a
>>debugger prompt, but I don't know what to do with that. I don't know the
>>debugger commands. Please let me know what should I do when I have an
>>another panic. What should I type and what kind of information should I
>>send as a PR.
>>

>Look at the FreeBSD Developer HandBook on debugging:
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/debugging.html
>
>http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html
>
>Scot

Thanks for the quick answer. Just one more question: if I have a crash
dump should I provide the whole of it? Or is there any way to obtain the
useful information? I have 512MB memory and my network interface causes
panics thus it would be very-very hard to upload the whole dump to make
it online.

Cheers,

Gábor Kövesdán