undelete in FreeBSD?

Nelis Lamprecht nlamprecht at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 09:14:32 GMT 2005

On 7/21/05, Xu Qiang <Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com> wrote:
> Hi, all:
>
> I mis-deleted /usr/local/bin directory in my FreeBSD. How can I restore it?

There isn't a way to restore unless you have a backup. However, most
of the binary files in /usr/local/bin are from packages/ports you have
installed on your system. So you may be able to get away with using
portupgrade(/usr/ports/sysutils/portupgrade) to re-install those
packages and therefore "restoring" some if not all of /usr/local/bin.
Do a portupgrade -f -a which forces portupgrade to re-install all
packages/ports you have currently installed.

Good luck.

Nelis