Demon license? (copyright myths)

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Wed Jul 20 17:32:46 GMT 2005

On Jul 20, 2005, at 11:26 AM, Josh Ockert wrote:

> No I disagree. I'm fairly certain that an independently drawn
> personified mouse would not be copyright infringement.
>
> Calling it "Mickey Mouse" may very well be trademark infringement,
> however.

As long as the "independently drawn personified mouse" didn't look
like Mickey at all you would be ok.  But an independently drawn
personified mouse that bore resemblance to His Mouseness would
probably land you in hot water.  Again, IANAL-AIDPOOTV

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider