problem with devfs

shmach at osprey.net shmach at osprey.net
Wed Jul 20 13:46:39 GMT 2005

"You can make device node or fifo not in /dev but in any other directory
(for example in /tmp) and change path in your file."

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, it occured to me to do this after playing around
with the code for about a week.  I got so wrapped up trying to get it installed
in /dev, that the obvious never occured to me.  So, this does allow me to make
the fifo, but I was wondering whether there was a way to install it /dev, or if
that was impossible.  Like I said, I can get this working without writing to
/dev, but I just wondered if there was a way to do it.
E-Mail: shmach at osprey.net
Date: 20-Jul-2005
Time: 08:45:50

This message was sent by XFMail