tcp proxy/pppoa2/nat

Bob Parkinson bob at bobp.demon.co.uk
Wed Jul 20 12:23:07 GMT 2005

What is the best way to proxy tcp on a freebsd box running ppp+nat.

I want to run a game at work, however those pesk firewalls and security
policies get in the way.

So I want:

1) ssh from my "work PC with game" to my freebsd gateway machine at home.

2) proxy on freebsd gateway to game server

3) and back to my work PC.

My freebsd box is running pppoa2 with nat enabled, and a short list of
incoming connections + nat for them. All outgoing is allowed.

I'm may be going google blind cause I can't see how to do this easily
(easily means that I don't write my own perl tcpproxy even though it
ought to be v. simple)

What is the FreeBSD way to achieve this?

Tkx.

Frustrated Game Player