VPN solution

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 07:55:11 GMT 2005

On 7/20/05, Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/19/05, chris <wacky at wacky.ws> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> > Im looking around for a VPN solution that utilizes IPSEC and
> > ssl. What im really lookng for here on the list is suggestions. I need
> > to use IPSEC and ssl due to what is being ran at work (running linux).
> > I dont need anything fancy, just somthing that will connect using the
> > above security measures. Im currently running 4.x. Any help would be
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> > Christopher Johnson - <wacky at wacky.ws>
> >

> What's wrong with just a 3DES, CAST128, or Blowfish IPSec VPN with ESP
> for phase 2?... whats special about SSH on SSL on IPSec?, I'm clueless
> about all this kinda stuff?
>
> I think what your looking for is OpenVPN
> http://openvpn.net/

Umm and Is a P166 to slow to run a blowfish IPsec site to site VPN? I
have that setup like that right now, here, and I'm getting at most
20KB/s to the other end of the VPN. Normaly I can upload 40 ~ 45KB/s
to the internet at this location and the other end has a DS0. I think
it's the P166 that's the problem but I just want a 2nd opinion before
I dig in and spend time building a new firewall box.... any takers?