Upgrade python from ports

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue Jul 19 17:08:41 GMT 2005

I am relatively new to ports.  When I type pkg_info, this is what I
have for python:

py23-MySQLdb-1.2.0_1 Access a MySQL database through Python
py23-mx-base-2.0.5  The eGenix mx-Extension Series for Python
py23-reportlab-1.19 Library to create PDF documents using the Python
language
py23-xml-0.8.4      PyXML: Python XML library enhancements
py24-statgrab-0.3   A set of Python bindings for libstatgrab
python-2.3.4_4      An interpreted object-oriented programming language
python-2.4_1        An interpreted object-oriented programming language

I want to upgrade my python from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5. To I deinstall all
py23 ports and python-2.3.4_4 and reinstall or do I run an portupgrade
somewhere that will take care of this or do I just install python-2.3.5

In my /usr/local/lib:

I have:
python2.3
python2.4

What is right approach to updating only my python 2.3 so that it will
be right for all py23.  I don't want to have two separate versions of
2.3 only update version to 2.3.5

Many thanks
David