Some sort of filter based filesystem

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein-freebsd-questions at theloosingend.net
Mon Jul 18 14:39:22 GMT 2005

What would be nice, is some kind of nullfs-like read only filesystem that
would send all files through a configurable filter when opened. That way I
could put all my music in FLAC format on hdd, and then, when I wanted to
transfer some tracks to my portable player, I could grab the files from
the ogg-directory. Or when I wanted to burn to CD-A, I could grab 'em from
the wav-dir.

Is something like this available somewhere?
Or how about some other solution, not file system based?

Regards,
Svein Halvor