Logo contest status?

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Mon Jul 18 09:40:00 GMT 2005

What you are missing is that it is imperative
to have this contest judging held in secret.  If this was an
open contest, with publically available submissions, and
a defined end date, then the result might actually have
some credibility.  As it is now, the obvious conclusion to
be drawn here is that the contest organizers have not been
forthcoming with results simply because they don't care for
any of the images submitted so far, and are hoping that if
they wait long enough, an image will come along they like.
It really doesen't have anything to do with how good or poor
the artistry of the submitted designs are, nor does it have
anything to do with how well the userbase likes the
submissions.

The contest is nothing more than a cover for 1 or 2 people
with sticks up their butts against Beastie to pull the pants
down on the rest of us who don't have a problem
with Beastie.  I just hope that when they get what they
want, that they take their religion and stuff it back into
whatever church they pulled it out of, and get back to work
adding useful code and such to FreeBSD.  For, it would
surely be sad if those few Beastie-haters could only count
as their major FreeBSD achievement the dislodging of
Beastie.

Ted