FreeBSD will not boot

nawcom nawcom at nawcom.no-ip.com
Fri Jul 15 16:32:11 GMT 2005

ok from what ive figured out is  that kernel option WITH_LEGACY_GPU_SUPPORT
is highly unsupported for the 5.x kernel

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/ports/x11/nvidia-driver/Makefile?rev=1.34&content-type=text/plain

my usual suggestion is to use the driver from nvidia.com, nvidia is very
friendly to the open source community - so they have drivers for
freebsd. ive used it myself and agp support works great.

now -  for actually getting back into your system:

do you have a back up kernel handy in your operating system?

i know depending on how things are orginally set up when you install a
new kernel
the makefile copies the original kernel folder (/boot/kernel) to
/boot/kernel.old and
/boot/kernel is replaced with the new one.

when you boot up freebsd and you get to the boot screen - select option
number 6. then
enter the following commands:
 >unload
 >load /boot/kernel.old/kernel
 >boot

let me know if you make it into the OS and if you do  - be sure and
remove that nvidia option!
ok i hope this help let me know of your status.
-Ben