Nvidia Driver

Adam Stroud adam.stroud at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 11:25:32 GMT 2005

All:

I am having a problem getting my nvidia video card to work since I
portupgraded to the latest nvidia driver in the port.  I had
everything working find using many of the old verions.  Then I
upgraded to the latest version and now when I attempt tp startx, I
get:

X Window System Version 6.8.2

Release Date: 9 February 2005

X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 6.8.2

Build Operating System: FreeBSD 5.4 i386 [ELF]

Current Operating System: FreeBSD host 5.4-STABLE
FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: Fri Jun 24 23:25:37 EDT 2005
adam at osirus.stronet.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/APS_KERN i386

Build Date: 24 June 2005

       Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.X.Org

Module Loader present

       (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,

(==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Thu Jul 14 22:50:09 2005

(==) Using config file: "/etc/X11/xorg.conf"

(EE) Failed to load module "speedo" (module does not exist, 0)

(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:

no screens found

Please consult the The X.Org Foundation support

        at http://wiki.X.Org

 for help.

Please also check the log file at "/var/log/Xorg.0.log" for additional
information.

X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

adam at osirus:/boot>exit

exit

I looked and /var/log/messages, and FreeBSD sees the video card and  I
verified that the module is loaded with kldinfo.  As I said,
everything worked fine with the older version of the port.  Does
anyone have any ideas?

Thanks