Obtaining portsmanager meta package for alternate OS

Garrett Cooper youshi10 at u.washington.edu
Thu Jul 14 18:37:35 GMT 2005

Hello,
    I was wondering if anyone could point me to the release notes or
code so I could look up the dependencies for the portsmanager package
and possibly compile it on Mac OS X Tiger.
    My FreeBSD machine is currently at home (sadly without an internet
connection to the outside world :(), and I would like to keep it up to
date by periodically fetching the ports 'source files'/packages and port
snapshots. So I thought I could accomplish this via building the
portsmanager package and running it off of my laptop at school since
it's the only way I can accomplish my task at hand.
    However, with that in mind, I was wondering if there was a better
way to fetch ports/packages without having to manhandle too many
programs/scripts, or if anyone has discovered a better solution to this
type of 'issue'.
    Thanks and your responses are greatly appreciated as solving this
'problem' will help save me a great deal of time :)!
-Garrett