FreeBSD 5.x raid...

David Kelly dkelly at hiwaay.net
Thu Jul 14 18:36:20 GMT 2005

On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 09:49:07AM -0500, David Kelly wrote:

> Uh, he wants all data on one SATA drive and a mirror on the other.
> Therefore he does not want to "concat" but to "mirror". The man page
> examples often complicatate things by concating some drives then
> mirroring the concated.

Speaking to the archives something that slipped by me is that normally
one creates two concat style plexes and _then_ mirrors the plexes. This
way the plex can be edited on a running system, drives substituted.

The "simplified" version of [g]vinum mirror command automagically
creates a configuration as described above even when only 2 drives are
involved.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly at HiWAAY.net