mysql-4.1.12 errors after portupgrade

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Thu Jul 14 17:03:20 GMT 2005

Hello:

This is driving me bonkers!  I portupgraded mysql41 to 4.1.12.  Now
mysql won't start from the rc.d/mysql-server.sh, either at startup or
when I run manually.  I didn't change any options in /etc/
rc.conf.local. Mysql error logs whine thusly:

[ERROR] Can't find messagefile '/usr/local/share/mysql/english/
errmsg.sys'

but the file is indeed present:

kobuk# ll /usr/local/share/mysql/english/errmsg.sys
-r--r--r--  1 root  wheel  16579 Jul 14 09:51 /usr/local/share/mysql/
english/errmsg.sys

To make matters even more interesting, I have an exactly identical
configuration running on another machine!  Only difference is hardware,
p4 vs p3 and being set thusly in /etc/make.conf.

Any ideas?

Please CC as I'm not subscribed to questions.  Thanks.

--
Best regards,

Ken Gunderson

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?