Apache 1.3 FreeBsd Port missing mod_auth_digest

Chris Roos chris at seagul.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 08:52:39 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm not entirely convinced this is the right place for this question as
it may be an Apache issue rather than FreeBsd/Port issue.  Either way, I
thought I'd start here first.

I've been running Apache 1.3 from the ports on FreeBsd 5.3R for quite a
while.  I've even been running it with mod_digest to provide some basic
password protection.  Unfortunately mod_digest doesn't work with IE.
This hasn't really been a problem until now.  Now that it is an issue
I've been looking to enable mod_auth_digest in place of mod_digest as
this should work with IE too.  The problem is that I cannot find any
reference of it in my install or in any of the patches applied to the
Apache 1.3 port; as far as I can tell mod_auth_digest is nowhere to be
found on my install.  I've also been trying to google for similar
reports of this problem but currently to no avail.

Does anyone have any information on this?  It could well be the case
that I'm missing something obvious that I just don't know about so any
pointers to other resources I might check would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Chris