Has this box been hacked?

Brett Glass brett at lariat.org
Fri Jul 8 15:50:15 GMT 2005

Give ME a break. You're only stating the obvious: the more
daemons are running, the more exposure. This particular box
is running BIND 8, a transparent Squid proxy, and SSH. BIND
is sandboxed and Squid is running as a nonprivileged user.
Squid is also set not to take requests from outside.

I wasn't the one who configured it; I've been asked to
analyze it.

--Brett