suitability of freebsd 5.3 for 486 dx2 66?

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 12:25:15 GMT 2005

On 7/8/05, Cecil <xeys_00 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I plan on running a 486 I found laying around as a
> freebsd box. It only has a floppy, and yes, it's a
> 486. It does have 500 meg hard disk and 20 megs of ram
> though. Any ideas as to what is realistic to expect
> out of this machine? I plan to run it as a CLI box
> only to learn perl, python, C++ and some other stuff
> on.

Well, one thought comes to my mind, it probably will take forever
(perhaps a week?) to make kernel and world on this CPU, and 500 mb HDD
does not look big enough to accomodate temporary and object files
during this process.

--
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"