FreeBSD 5.4 and Sli 3114 sata controller broken?

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Thu Jul 7 19:53:25 GMT 2005

On Jul 7, 2005, at 1:48 PM, Evan Jones wrote:

> hey,
>
> I have a Tyan s2882 mainboard with an integrated SLI 3114 SATA RAID
> controler on board. I have four 120gig sata drives attached to it.
> I can succefully build a RAID 0, 1 or 10 in the BIOS, but the
> created RAID dosent seem to show up in Freebsd. The drives get
> detected but I can only seem to use them as individual drives and
> not a raid array. I can successfully create a raid using ATA
> control but from what I understand that is a software RAID only.
>
> Anyone know what is going on? I cant seem to find any info on Sli
> 3114 support in freebsd.

That is actually a software raid as well with BIOS support for setup
and configuration...  But the driver does all the RAID work at
runtime...

I have the S2882 and could not get the Sil3114 working even with JBOS
with 5.3 back when I was installing and going live and so I ended up
with a RocketRAID 1820a from highpoint (and use it for JBOD only --
my RAID is SCSI and Adaptec 2200S)

best
Chad
---