imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix / postfixadmin question

M. Goodell freebsdutah at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 17:30:06 GMT 2005

The accounts are kept in MySQL via a PostfixAdmin installation. Again, I can deliver mail all day to any virtual host / account I setup in PostfixAdmin but I am not able to get SquirrellMail to login to get the mail.

I am using the following group of applicaitons together:

imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix / postfixadmin

Thanks,

Michael

Paul Schmehl <pauls at utdallas.edu> wrote:
--On Wednesday, July 06, 2005 20:18:37 -0700 "M. Goodell"
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have successfully installed: imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix
> / PostfixAdmin and have setup postfix virtual domain capability. Postfix
> accepts mail for virtual hosts / accounts that I configured with
> PostfixAdmin very well. Watching the mail log the mail arrives and is
> delivered to the /usr/local/virtual/ directory with no problems at all.
> However, the problem I have having is I cannot get SquirrellMail /
> imap-uw to access the mailboxes I have setup for any of the virtual
> domains / accounts. It keeps giving me a login error like the user does
> not exist. I am able to use SquirrellMail to get mail for "real" system
> accounts with ease.
> I think I need to somehow get imap-uw / squirrellmail to recognize the
> virtual domains & accounts but I am not sure how to do it.
> Can anyone shed some light on the problem ?

The accounts have to exist somewhere. The system accounts exist in
/etc/passwd. Where do the virtual accounts exist? Are you using
cyrus-sasl?

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas