Did we must put the mounted partition '/' and '/boot' in the same slice ?

Shark Wang sharkwang at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:42:32 GMT 2005

I put '/boot' for an individual partition just for 1023 cylinder
story, although FreeBSD did
not need this action !

the following is my partitions layout, pls help to do some check:

ad0s1d      /boot  -> 30M
ad0s1a      /  -> 512M
ad0s1b      swap -> 512M
ad0s1e      /usr -> 6144M
ad0s1f       /var -> 512M
ad0s1g      /home -> 2017M
ad0s1h      /tmp  -> 512M

But after I finished my installation and reboot FreeBSD, it will not
load sccuessfully!

Could you tell me what's the mistakes ? thanks a lot !

-Shark

--
I'm just a bitMaker !