Nothing works

Thomas Leveille thomas.leveille at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:03:29 GMT 2005

On 7/7/05, Jonathan Arnold <jdarnold at buddydog.org> wrote:
> I would recommend Greg Lehey's
> "Complete FreeBSD" (note: I helped proofread the book and got a free copy
> for it - but it's still a great book!). I also found "FreeBSD Unleashed" to
> be pretty solid as well.

FreeBSD Unleashed is the only one I bought a few years ago and it's
quite good though there's nothing more than what you find in the
handbook and man pages.

It costs only 60$ for both volumes of the handbook on paper and there
is CD+Hanbook Vol 1 bundle for the same price. Vol.1 covers pretty
much everything a new user should know in the first hours..

freebsd mall :
http://www.freebsdmall.com/cgi-bin/fm

> But my basic advice is to take a deep breath, take things step by step, and
> ask (nicely!) here if/when you have questions.  Take a look at some web
> sites, as there are lots of them out there with helpful advice. Check out
> BSDForums.org for even more help.

>From experience, it's always good to have the information on paper,
especially for someone who doesn't have a second computer with a web
access.