imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix / postfixadmin question

M. Goodell freebsdutah at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 7 03:18:38 GMT 2005

Hello,

I have successfully installed: imap-uw / squirrellmail / mysql / postfix / PostfixAdmin and have setup postfix virtual domain capability. Postfix accepts mail for virtual hosts / accounts that I configured with PostfixAdmin very well. Watching the mail log the mail arrives and is delivered to the /usr/local/virtual/ directory with no problems at all.

However, the problem I have having is I cannot get SquirrellMail / imap-uw to access the mailboxes I have setup for any of the virtual domains / accounts. It keeps giving me a login error like the user does not exist. I am able to use SquirrellMail to get mail for "real" system accounts with ease.

I think I need to somehow get imap-uw / squirrellmail  to recognize the virtual domains & accounts but I am not sure how to do it.

Can anyone shed some light on the problem ?

Many thanks,

Michael