perl-after-upgrade

Bob Hall rjhjr at cox.net
Wed Jul 6 19:10:21 GMT 2005

I don't know squat about perl. I recently ran portupgrade, which
upgraded perl. Goose stopped working, because the location for Curses.pm
was no longer in @INC. I tried to run perl-after-upgrade, but I couldn't
get it to run. I've got a book that said to use
	# perl perl-after-upgrade
or
	# ./perl-after-upgrade
I also tried just
	# perl-after-upgrade
No joy. Just for the heck of it, I tried
	* sh perl-after-upgrade
and dang if it didn't run. It didn't look to me like an sh script, but
what do I know? It wasn't supposed to change anything without the -f
option, but goose ran afterward, so it obviously changed things. I
looked for Curses.pm, and it moved to a directory listed in @INC.

Anybody have any advice? Comments? How was I supposed to get
perl-after-upgrade to run?