3ware 9500S-4LP with 4.x ... driver question ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Wed Jul 6 05:36:57 GMT 2005

I'm having some major problems with the above card under 4.x ... namely,
I'm getting no errors reported *anywhere*, yet I'm gettting file system
hangs, and the server has been in production for a good while now ...

I'm looking at 3ware's web site, and the latest driver is 9.1.5.2, which,
from the tar file, *looks* newer then what is in 4.x ...

Is there a reason why I shouldn't upgrade/  known problems that others
have identified?

If not, what is involved?  Just copied the files into /sys/dev/twa and
rebuild the kernel?

Thanks ...

----