aaaargghh.. sendmail again

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Jul 6 02:40:28 GMT 2005

On 2005-07-05 19:31, Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > Very true.  Is that correct though, or should we remove it from the
> > generic.m4 file of FreeBSD?
>
> No, I don't want to diverge from Sendmail's source any more than we
> already have for a variety of reasons.

That's ok :-)

Just to summarize then, the solution to Julian's problem then is either
one of:

a) Manually edit the generated sendmail.cf and remove the C{E}root line.

b) Avoid using DOMAIN(generic) and manually copy over whatever seems
interesting from generic.m4 into his local sendmail.mc file and then
regenerate sendmail.cf from that .mc file.

I'd probably go for choise (b), because it doesn't require remembering
local "hacks" like "open that file in your editor, remove that line, add
this one, etc."