aaaargghh.. sendmail again

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Jul 6 02:25:38 GMT 2005

On 2005-07-05 19:10, Gregory Neil Shapiro <gshapiro at freebsd.org> wrote:
> > That's funny.  I can see root in the E class even in the standard freebsd.cf
> > generated from the freebsd.mc file we have in src/etc/sendmail:
>
> Aha, DOMAIN(generic) has the EXPOSED_USER() call.  That is what is
> adding it in.

Very true.  Is that correct though, or should we remove it from the
generic.m4 file of FreeBSD?

It would be nice to have all the existing options of DOMAIN(generic), like
confFORWARD_PATH or confMAX_HEADERS_LENGTH, without having to duplicate
them in freebsd.mc (or the local equivalent) but without also exposing
automatically usernames like 'root'.