aaaargghh.. sendmail again

Gregory Neil Shapiro gshapiro at freebsd.org
Wed Jul 6 01:52:51 GMT 2005

> I am trying to alter the sendmail config on server.ficticious.net
> so that it rewrites the sender (both envelope and header)
> to be from mumble at registered.domain.
>
> the sendmail m4 config file now has:

Your config plus the addition of FEATURE(allmasquerade) in case some of
the local addresses are Cc'ed on mail going out of your domain should do
the job.

However, since you are sending this question, it looks like that isn't
the case.

What is the output of:

# sendmail -Am -bt
> /tryflags es
> /try relay someuser at fictious.domain

(where that address is replaced with the actual one that isn't working)

Feel free to send the debug output from the above command to me directly
if you are worried about revealing confidential info to the mailing list
at large.