Using unix mail with maildir format

Leon Messner lwlbsd at compuserve.de
Tue Jul 5 13:02:04 GMT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 08:08:57AM +0200, dick hoogendijk wrote:

> What are the pro's and cons for/against both mail standards?
> Won't the maildir format with all this separate mails not be more
> difficult to maintain?
>
> I have to say that running courier/maildir never gave problems 'till now
> but having the chooce I very much want some insights/advice on this
> matter. Some reading points are OK too ;-)

Hi,
some reading points ;-) :
http://www.courier-mta.org/mbox-vs-maildir/
http://cr.yp.to/proto/maildir.html
http://wiki.mutt.org/index.cgi?MuttFaq/Maildir

This is all very pro maildir but couldn't find any pro mbox now.
Also have a look at the shares maildir feature if using imap with
multiple users accessing one mail dump.

Greets
Leon

--

gnupg key ID: 9B820836 & Fingerprint:

6081 8F41 8FEC 0D69 DB98  F014 0FD4 B47D 9B82 0836