accidental overwrite

Leon Messner lwlbsd at compuserve.de
Tue Jul 5 12:46:33 GMT 2005

On Mon, Jul 04, 2005 at 04:17:17PM -0700, steve lasiter wrote:

> My question(s) are: Is there any way to revert back to
> the original file if this type of mistake is made? If
> not is there anyway to get just that one file without
> having to do a complete removal and installation? And
> finally, is the only way to NOT do this again is to
> use the appropriate flags with cp?

Hi,
i suppose you could either get the right package version and
untar/gunzip it or go into the port directory of mysql and do a
"make extract" which creates the subdir "work" in which you find the
ports files and dirs but pay attention to the right port version here
as well.

HTH,
Leon

--

gnupg key ID: 9B820836 & Fingerprint:

6081 8F41 8FEC 0D69 DB98  F014 0FD4 B47D 9B82 0836