CUPS "test-page" prints fine, nothing else.. (freebsd-5.4)

P.U.Kruppa root at pukruppa.de
Tue Jul 5 05:24:22 GMT 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Bill Schoolcraft wrote:

> Hello Family,
>
> I was wondering if this is a bug somewhere in FreeBSD-5.4 or I've just
> been getting lucky with CUPS all the time... :)
>
> I have a HP 840c and it's connected remotely on my network with a fixed
> ipaddress and every box on my network can print to it and so can
> FreeBSD as long as it's from the CUPS interface/setup GUI and it's a
> test page, other than that -- zilch.
This is just a quickshot - since I have no such setup available
at the moment:
check if the native FreeBSD lpr in /usr/bin/lpr is still active -
cups' lpr lives in /usr/local/bin/lpr and won't be executed then.
If this is the case you should be able to print with
# /usr/local/bin/lpr your_file
and in Google you can find descriptions how to fix this properly.

Regards,

Uli.