Test messages to -questions

Bryan Maynard bryan.maynard at reallm.com
Fri Jul 1 19:02:03 GMT 2005

Pardon my newness, but what is "top posting"?

Thanks,

Bryan

On Friday 01 July 2005 06:56 pm, Lane wrote:
 On Friday 01 July 2005 13:30, Robert Marella wrote:
 > Jerry McAllister wrote:
 > >>I say burn 'em on the cross.  Why do you need to test to see if you can
 > >> post before you actually post a question?  If your first
 > >> question/comment doesn't go through, you know it's not working.  And
 > >> subsequent tests can be the same question/comment with a datestamp.
 > >>
 > >>Just my 2 cents.
 > >
 > > Now figure in inflation and that make it....
 > >
 > > Anyway, it is a little silly, but it is, by far, one of the least
 > > annoying unnecessary messages we see on the list and much less
 > > bothersome than some of the long diatribes about MS or GUIs or
 > > other troll bait or some psuedo-legal jargon by amateur bar jockeys
 > > that get dragged on and on and on and on and on and
 > >
 > > ////jerry
 >
 > I agree. I am much more annoyed by top posters.
 >
 > Robert
 The only thing about email that annoys me is spam.  While I'm a subscriber to
 freebsd-questions, top posting, incomplete questions, inflammatory
 commentary, etc. is just the price I pay for getting a steady stream of
 "Aha's," and hardly seems worth the effort to develop an emotional viewpoint.

 Although "thought police" who say "do this" and "don't do that" wear me out
 sometimes with their email.

 lane

Open Source: by the people, for the people.