LDAP auth troubles

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Fri Jul 1 09:20:05 GMT 2005

Hello

I have a strange problem with a FreeBSD 5.4 NFS client

I have installed nss_ldap and pam_ldap then configure the
/etc/pam.d/login file as follows :

#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/pam.d/login,v 1.16 2003/06/14 12:35:05 des Exp $
#
# PAM configuration for the "login" service
#

# auth
auth            required        pam_nologin.so          no_warn
auth            sufficient      pam_self.so             no_warn
auth            sufficient      /usr/local/lib/pam_ldap.so
auth            include         system

# account
account         requisite       pam_securetty.so
account         include         system

# session
session         include         system

# password
password        include         system

The problem is I can "su - some-ldap-user" as root but I cannot
perform a normam login session with this user or I cannot ftp
to this machine.
I think authentication is not performed but I don't see where
I did the mistake, I am not really familiar with PAM so I think
I'm wrong somewhere but ... where ?

If I "su -" to some user I fall in the homedir of the user but
I have no write access to the homedir ...

We have a lot of LDAP clients ( Linux and HPUX )that access to the
users's homedir thru NFS without problem.

Thanks a lot for any help.
--
Cordialement/Regards
Frank Bonnet