VNC multiplexer

Philip Hallstrom freebsd at philip.pjkh.com
Fri Jul 1 04:59:24 GMT 2005

>> On 6/26/05, Anthony Chavez <acc at anthonychavez.org> wrote:
>>> I've got a client that would like to be able to connect to VNC servers
>>> behind a FreeBSD gateway.  Said servers are assigned dynamic IPs via
>>> DHCP, so port mapping (via pf) is not an option (AFAIK).  However, we
>>> intend to make use of dynamic DNS, so they will at least have hostnames.

I missed the first part of this, but would proxying the VNC connections
through an intermediate SSH server help at all?

http://www.pjkh.com/wiki/vnc_through_an_ssh_proxy

You could setup individual SSH tunnels for each machine in question.  The
tunnel would stay the same regardless of the IP... and the VNC viewer
would connect to localhost so you'd never really need the server IP.

Anyway, just a thought...

-philip