realplay-10

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Jan 31 21:37:22 PST 2005

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 06:01:33PM -0800, Kent Stewart wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2005 03:46 pm, Gary Kline wrote:
> >         Folks,
> >
> >         I never got any responses over the weekend; maybe people
> >         who knew were of skiing or whatever.
> >
> >         Does realplay-10 work on FBSD-4.10?  I have it successfully
> >         installed, almost push-button, on my two 5.3 platforms.
> >         But here on "tao",  no-joy.  I get a strange error message
> >         about fontconfig.  No more.
> >
> >         Anybody??
>
> I have it working on 4.11-stable and 4.10 shouldn't be any different. I
> can't get it to click and play with Mozilla but it works just fine with
> Konqueror.
>
> When I get messages like that, I frequently do a portupgrade -fR of the
> port with the problem. Something is missing and a reverse upgrade seems
> to take care of it.

	Sound advice ... at least from what I'm seeing, thank you.
	Somehw, I was minus /usr/local binaries like automake14.  (?)
	Doing a make reinstall, my system saw them as installed.
	Lots of stuff breaking.  It might be time to fo a
	portupgrade -fRa.  Gulp!

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline at thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix