Acroread complains...

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Mon Jan 31 06:00:02 PST 2005

On Sun, Jan 30, 2005 at 11:30:23AM -0500, Steven Friedrich wrote:
> When I run mozilla from the command line and ask it to open a pdf, it
> complains:
> /usr/local/Acrobat5/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread: error while loading shared
> libraries: /usr/local/lib/libartsdsp.so.0: ELF file OS ABI invalid

I think this means that the linux version of acroread is trying to load
a freebsd shared library.  Even though there both ELF formats and both
i386 architecture, linux programs can't use freebsd libraries because
they have a different ABI, the way functions in C call each other and
deal with variables.  That's why you need linux_base for linux apps, and
native browsers need linuxpluginwrapper to use linux plugins.  My guess
is something is wrong with linuxpluginwrapper, try rebuilding and
reinstalling it.