port update problem - deleted all the ports

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 31 05:41:03 PST 2005

saravanan ganapathy wrote:
> Hai ,
>
> I am using 5.3 release and included tag=RELENG_5_3 to
> my ports-supfile and when I tried to update ports
> using " cvsup -g -L 2 /root/ports-supfile", it deleted
> almost all the ports and finally it says
> Delete ports/x11-wm/yawm/Makefile
> Delete ports/x11-wm/yawm/distinfo Delete
> ports/x11-wm/yawm/pkg-descr
> Shutting down connection to server
> Finished successfully
>

> My ports-supfile looks as
>
> *default host=cvsup10.us.freebsd.org
> *default base=/var/db
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_3
> *default delete use-rel-suffix
> ports-all
>

> What is the problem?

The ports tree doesn't have tags so you should edit the above to

*default release=cvs tag=.

Note the '.'!!

Also are you sure that you want your ports tree in /var/db? /usr would
be more usual.

*default base=/usr

HTH

Regards,

Mark

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0504-4, 28/01/2005
Tested on: 31/01/2005 13:40:22