[lorenl@alzatex.com: Re: Mounting a samba share on boot?]

Mark Ovens marko at freebsd.org
Mon Jan 31 04:39:36 PST 2005

Loren M. Lang wrote:
> replacing MYWORKGROUP, SERVER, USER, secret as neccessary.  Make sure
> nsmb.conf is only readable by root.  Add the following line to fstab:
>
> //user at server/share   /mnt/share       smbfs   rw              0       0

PMJI, but do you know if it's possible to handle a share name containing
a space when mounting smb filesystems using fstab?

I tried

"//user at server/Drive C"
'//user at server/Drive C'
//user at server/Drive\ C

None of these worked. I know that using spaces in filenames is a Bad
Idea, but this is Windows we're talking about here ;-)

If it is not possible then perhaps a PR is needed to get this addressed?
In my case I renamed the share on the Windows box (which broke a few
shortcuts) but this may not always be possible - in a corporate
environment for example.

Regards,

Mark

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0504-4, 28/01/2005
Tested on: 31/01/2005 12:38:54