OSS driver

Bozhidar Batsov lordbad at e-card.bg
Sun Jan 30 23:03:34 PST 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-30 at 22:49 -0600, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (Jan 31), Bozhidar Batsov said:
> > I'm desperate. The driver that is supposed to autodetect my audio doen't
> > even has it in its list of recognized devices.
>
> More details would be nice.  "the driver" and "my audio" should have
> been "the snd_ich driver" and "something that I can't guess because you
> didn't tell us".  Luckily you mentioned nforce later on.
>
> Run pciconf -lv, find your card, try adding the chip ID to the list of
> supported IDs in /sys/dev/sound/pci/ich.c .  If it works, send a PR
> with the patch.  Examples:

I haven't mentioned my audio card because this topic continues a recent
discussion in the mailing list about the oss driver. The snd_ich driver
works but the output from it is kind of miserable and I was hoping that
the oss driver could help me. I have the Realtek ALC650 on board Nvidia
2( Epox 8RDA+ Pro) .