5.3-STABLE not saving panics ?

- user at celeritystorm.com
Sun Jan 30 11:03:11 PST 2005

    Hi,

I Have a server that keeps panicking when under some load, and I need to
understand where the problem is. I've built a kernel with makeoptions
DEBUG=-g, DDB, DDB_UNATTENDED. I've added dumpdev="/dev/ad3s1b" to
rc.conf. But still, whenever it panicks, nothing will be logged to
/var/log/messages (my 5.2.1-RELEASE workstation also logs panics there)
and most important nothing will be in /var/crash/ ..

I can confirm it is indeed panicking because a friend brought the server
from the datacenter to his home and we are testing it. I can easily make
it panic by killing init, but even these will not be dumped to /var/crash/

Have I missed something obvious ?

(5.3-STABLE i386)