ipmon writes to security.* in 5.3

Joe Kraft hishadow at netcabo.pt
Sat Jan 29 11:09:40 PST 2005

I have a 5.3-STABLE machine with ipfilter built into the kernel.  When
running ipmon logging to syslog, the information is being dumped to the
security.* service instead of the local0.* service like the handbook
says it should.

I've taken a quick look at the code and it appears it should be going to
local0.* like expected and like it did for me on 4.10, but it's not.

I see the following in UPDATE:
20041003:
	The pfil API has gained an additional argument to pass an inpcb.
	You should rebuild all pfil consuming modules: ipfw, ipfilter
	and pf.

but I don't think that should affect me since I installed 5.3-RELEASE
and have rebuilt to the current (two weeks ago) 5.3-STABLE.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  Pointers to blatantly obvious
documentation are perfectly acceptable, if warranted.

Thanks,
Joe.