OpenLDAP doesn't start

Jonathan Chen jonc at chen.org.nz
Fri Jan 28 11:17:42 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 28, 2005 at 01:59:33PM +0100, K?vesd?n G?bor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> when I try to start the slapd daemon, it fails with this error message:
>
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/libexec/slapd: Undefined symbol
> "ldap_pvt_sasl_mutex_new"

What's happened here is that prior to you installing OpenLDAP+SASL,
you installed a port which used LDAP and brought in a dependancy on
OpenLDAP *without* SASL (eg: KDE). The thing to do now is to rebuild
all ports which depend on LDAP so that it now depends on
OpenLDAP+SASL.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc at chen.org.nz>