enable linux compatibility

O. Hartmann ohartman at uni-mainz.de
Fri Jan 28 06:30:59 PST 2005

saravanan ganapathy schrieb:

>--- Xian <ian at codepad.net> wrote:
>

>>On Friday 28 January 2005 13:39, saravanan ganapathy
>>wrote:
>>

>>>Hai
>>>
>>>I tried to enable linux compatibility on my
>>>

>>freebsd
>>

>>>(5.3 Release)kernel by adding 'options
>>>

>>COMPAT_LINUX'
>>

>>>in my kernel config file and recompiled the kernel
>>>using this file.But even after, this is not
>>>

>>enabled.
>>

>>>kldstat o/p shows as
>>>
>>># kldstat
>>>Id Refs Address    Size     Name
>>> 1    3 0xc0400000 5ef620   kernel
>>> 2   14 0xc09f0000 537f0    acpi.ko
>>>
>>>The 'linux' command also not found.
>>>
>>>What may be the problem?
>>>
>>>Saravname of
>>>

>>You need linux_enable="YES" in rc.conf at least. I
>>can't remember if there is
>>more to do. I'm sure someone else can help.
>>

>I already added linux_enable="YES" in rc.conf.
>
>Sarav

If you put
options COMPAT_LINUX
in your kernel config file, Linux compatibility is already enabled and not
shown in the list of loaded kernel modules! kldstat only reports thos
modules
are enabled as loadable module.
With "options COMPAT_LINUX' Linuxulator is enabled forever as long as
the kernel runs.
A more sphisticated way is to run Linuxulator as a kernel loadable
module. You should disable
options COMAPT_LINUX in your configuration file and change the
appropriate tag in /etc/rc.conf.local

linux_enable="NO" -> linux_enable="YES".