How does FreeBSD access NetBSD, OpenBSD?

Loren M. Lang lorenl at alzatex.com
Thu Jan 27 19:17:44 PST 2005

I have FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD on the same hard drive of my system.
How can I mount the NetBSD or OpenBSD partitions from FreeBSD?

Slice 1 - Ext3fs for data between linux/bsd
Slice 2 - OpenBSD slice with 4 ufs partitions and swap (a,b,e,f,g)
Slice 3 - FreeBSD slice with 4 ufs partitions and swap (a,b,d,e,f)
Slice 4 - Extended slice composed of:
   Slice 5 - NetBSD slice with 4 ufs partitions and swap (a,b,e,f,g)
   Slice 6 - Unformatted as of yet.

FreeBSD is, of course running fine, but I can't see any of the other
slices/partitions on the drive including the ext3fs partition.
$ ls /dev/ad1*
/dev/ad1        /dev/ad1s3      /dev/ad1s3c     /dev/ad1s3f
/dev/ad1s6
/dev/ad1s1      /dev/ad1s3a     /dev/ad1s3d     /dev/ad1s4
/dev/ad1s2      /dev/ad1s3b     /dev/ad1s3e     /dev/ad1s5

I can seem to access all the linux partitions on my first drive ad0,
but that drive is only linux so there are no complex partitions in
slices like on ad1.  I would expect that the nature of geom, I should
be able to access all the partitions fine, but I might be missing
something.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C