Xdm & Securelevels revisited

markzero mark at darklogik.org
Thu Jan 27 17:13:49 PST 2005

Some time ago, I mused upon the possibility of running Xorg in a
securelevel > 0 environment (and I forgot to thank Lowell Gilbert
for his advice, sorry!).

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-December/069141.html

I actually tried it on a test machine about five minutes ago and
hit a problem. If I specify securelevel 0 (raised to 1 automatically
in /etc/rc.conf, the securelevel is raised before xdm can start
which causes fireworks.

(getty repeating too quickly on port %s, sleeping)

Where would be the best place to raise the securelevel after xdm
has started?

Thanks,
Mark

--
PGP: http://www.darklogik.org/pub/pgp/pgp.txt
B776 43DC 8A5D EAF9 2126 9A67 A7DA 390F DEFF 9DD1