apache13-modperl & mod_php4?

Jaime Kikpole jkikpole at cairodurham.org
Thu Jan 27 04:54:26 PST 2005

	Is it possible to use the mod_php4 port (which seems to use DSO
installation) and its add on parts (e.g. php4-mysql, php4-imap, etc.)
with the apache13-modperl port?

	It seems that one of my webapps (RequestTracker,
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt) needs to have mod_perl installed
statically, not as a DSO.  I'd rather avoid manual compiles if I can
help it.  (I can do them.  Its the future uninstalls/upgrades that
worry me.)  Other webapps that I use are based on PHP, so I need the
mod_php4 module installed, too.

	Any help is appreciated.

							Thanks in advance,
							Jaime

P.S. - It seems that the RequestTracker ports in FreeBSD install the
mod_perl DSO even though the documentation on RT explicitly advises
against this.  If anyone else out there got RT to work smoothly with
the mod_perl port installed, please contact me.  I'd love to know how
you did it.  Mine appears to have a memory leak.