removing php4 in order to install php-pear

Ken Hawkins ken at rosewoodblues.com
Wed Jan 26 15:38:20 PST 2005

I installed apache13 mod_php4, php4-extensions and
mysql323-server/client. then I noticed that phpbb was part of the ports
and I need it so hey let's do it! I 'make install' and BANG:

===>  Installing for phpbb-2.0.10
===>   phpbb-2.0.10 depends on file: /usr/local/share/pear/System.php -
not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/share/pear/System.php in
/usr/ports/devel/pear-PEAR
===>   pear-PEAR-1.3.1 depends on file:
/usr/local/share/pear/Archive/Tar.php - not found
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/share/pear/Archive/Tar.php in
/usr/ports/archivers/pear-Archive_Tar
===>  Installing for pear-Archive_Tar-1.2
===>   pear-Archive_Tar-1.2 depends on executable: pear - not found
===>    Verifying install for pear in /usr/ports/devel/php5-pear
This port requires the CLI or the CGI version of PHP, but you have
already installed a conflicting PHP port without them.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/php5-pear.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/archivers/pear-Archive_Tar.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/devel/pear-PEAR.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/phpbb.

php5-pear problem so i deinstalled all 'php' packages and tried again.
however i still get:

===>    Verifying install for pear in /usr/ports/devel/php5-pear
This port requires the CLI or the CGI version of PHP, but you have
already installed a conflicting PHP port without them.
*** Error code 1

when type 'make install' in devel/php5-pear.

how can I rip out php4 and get an install of php5-pear on the machine?
there has to be an easy way to do this.

thanks in advance,
ken;